Sunday, August 1, 2010

Recipe # 31: Southern Indian Vegetable Curry with Curry Leaves

By Jamie Oliver:

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
• 2 fresh green chillies, deseeded and chopped
• a bunch of curry leaves
• 2 onions, peeled and shredded
• ½ teaspoon ground coriander
• a pinch of ground cumin seeds
• ½ teaspoon garam masala
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric
• ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
• 6 tomatoes, chopped
• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 1 aubergine, cubed
• 100ml coconut milk
• a handful of French beans
• a handful of peas
• a handful of okra, sliced
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

By Andrew Fernandez:

Yum! I think I am driven by spice! Now I know looking at the picture, it doesn't seem all quite vegetarian. I needed something to chew on that would fill me up! I added chicken... I had to figure out what Garam Masala was and with the web and wikipedia, that was easy. I also substituted french beans with long beans. Its only because I found it at the grocery store and I know it probably goes better with the curry than french beans. Long beans are crunchier!

No comments:

Post a Comment