Sunday, August 1, 2010

Recipe # 28: Japanese Cucumber Salad with Ginger, Cilantro, Mint and Rice Wine Vinegar Dressing

By Jamie Oliver:
• 3 young cucumbers, finely sliced
• Cilantro
• Fresh mint
Vinegar Dressing
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 large thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
• 1 stick of lemon grass, outer leaves removed, inner ones finely chopped
• sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper and a little soy sauce
Mix everything together in a bowl and season to taste.

By Andrew Fernandez:

The cucumber seeds got in my way. Jamie does talk about a specific type of cucumber that is about a third the size of normal cucumber. I think that might be key. I broke my mandolin with this dish. I'm glad I can not head out and get a good one! The thin slices are key for this dish. An idea from the book was to use a potato peeler. Hmm... Refreshing salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment