Sunday, August 1, 2010

Recipe # 29: Braised Pigeon Breasts with Peas, Lettuce and Scallions

By Jamie Oliver:
• 4 Pigeons (squab)
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• olive oil
• 1 bunch of scallions, green parts chopped and white bulbs left whole
• 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
• 3 very large pats of butter
• 1 heaped tablespoon flour
• 1.75-2 lbs peas, fresh or frozen
• 2 heads romaine lettuce, quartered
• 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock

By Andrew Fernandez:

I wasn't going to find any pigeons here. I did however substitute them with Cornish hens. I think it worked out just as well. Gamey! Browning anything in a non stick pan doesn't work so great. I need to get myself a cast iron skillet somewhere... Well seasoned. Perhaps a garage sale before the summer is out!

Another great dish using my fresh peas from the garden. Didn't realize that it would be a soupy dish, so find a deep baking dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment