Saturday, May 1, 2010

Recipe #12: Roasted Carrots and Beets with the juiciest Pork Chops


By Jamie Oliver:

• 750g carrots, mixed colours if available, peeled
• 750g beets, different sizes and colours if available
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 bulb of garlic, broken apart, half the cloves smashed, half left whole
• extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 orange
• a few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked
a few sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves picked
• 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 4 thick organic pork loin chops, skin on
• 8 fresh sage leaves
• 1 lemon

By Andrew Fernandez:

OK! OK! I admit... I skipped on the sage. I am not a big fan and I think it went well without. Now for the multi colored carrots and beets, seriously? All I have seen are orange carrots and the purple magenta beets, so thats all I got!

And a little note of advise, unless you are planning on coloring all your white plastic lunch boxes to a nice shade of Magenta, use glassware!

The food? Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment