Saturday, May 1, 2010

Recipe #11: Hamilton Squash


By Jamie Oliver:

• 1 small handful of dried porcini mushrooms
• 1 butternut squash, halved and seeds removed
• olive oil
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, pounded
• a pinch or two of dried chilli, to taste
• 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
• 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 100g basmati rice
• ½ a handful of pinenuts, lightly roasted

By Andrew Fernandez:

Two years ago, I stepped out of my comfort zone and picked up a butternut squash and grilled it. I was amazed with my experience. I think there is no way you could mess this ingredient up in any way. Having tried this recipe, I was actually impressed that it could be an entire meal by itself. Porcini mushrooms was quite the adventure to find. I know, most people probably know what it is, but from a person who always thinks mushrooms are sold in cans, it was quite hard to find. Oh! and pinenuts are are not in the nut aisle, but the bakery!

No comments:

Post a Comment