Sunday, June 13, 2010

Recipe # 23: The Best Pork Chops with Fresh Bay Salt and Squashed Purple Potatoes

By Jamie Oliver:

• 1kg/2¼lb purple or Desirée potatoes, peeled and halved
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 pork chops, skin removed but kept
extra virgin olive oil
• 1 small handful of fresh thyme, leaves picked
• 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
• 10 bay leaves
• 285ml (1/2 pint) cider
• 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
• 4 tablespoons crème fraîche
• 2 knobs of butter

By Andrew Fernandez:

Don't even ask what "Desirée potatoes" are... I got some red and brown potatoes, I guess together that almost makes purple! I think I might have been on a Bay leaf kick when making this dinner. I like the theme. If the pork chops was not good, the sauce probably saved the day! Word of caution, don't over cook your pork chops!!!

If anyone is thinking about trying this dish, my recommendation is to wait until the fall when you can get apple cider for CHEAP! I think I paid $6.00 for this little small container for apple cider. But it was well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment