Sunday, June 13, 2010

Recipe # 21: Bay Salt Prawn Skewers with Summer Veg


By Jamie Oliver:

• 20 raw king prawns, peeled and black veins removed
• 4 small courgettes
• 10 bay leaves
• 1 tablespoon sea salt
• 3 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil, plus extra
• juice of ½ lemon
• 2 large handfuls of freshly podded peas
• 2 large handfuls of freshly podded broad beans
• a small bunch of fresh mint, leaves picked
• optional: a few chive flowers
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

By Andrew Fernandez:

I couldn't believe how easy it was to make this delicious dish. Yes, prawns is what the rest of the world calls shrimp. Though, I could have used larger shrimp and peeled off the shells. With this dish, I was so caught up in bay leaves and salt, I skipped the beans, but it was still great with the courgettes aka zucchini.

Thanks to Rob for actually working my shabby grill and doing a great job at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment