Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recipe #4: Baked potato skins with gorgonzola, rocket and mustard fruit


By Jamie Oliver:
12 small floury potatoes
• 2 big handfuls of wild rocket, washed and dried
• 150g Gorgonzola cheese, roughly chopped
• extra virgin olive oil
• freshly ground black pepper
• optional: pieces of roughly chopped mustard fruit in syrup (mos
tarda di cremona), to serve


By Andrew Fernandez:

In my experience, there are only three types of potatoes! Brown, Red, and flakes from a box which you then add milk and butter to. Here comes the substitution. I just used regular brown potatoes. Something to note about this dish is the "bake" portion of it. I'm glad that I had a friend come over early to help prepare this meal and reminded me that I probably should get going on the baking for an hour.

Gorgonzola cheese. If you know me well enough, you'd know that I am not exactly a "cooked cheese" person since the aroma of cooked cheese is not quite appetizing (if you know what I mean). Meijers is where I get my groceries from. I had a major realization attack at Meijier. Did you know that there are two locations/aisle, and mind you, not next to each other for cheese? There is the "kraft" aisle and the "artisan" aisle. Well I struggled to find Gorgonzola in the "kraft" aisle, only about 20 minutes later did I realize the two aisles.

Has anyone found out what Rockets are? Apart from the craft that get shot up into the stratosphere, I still have not figured that one out just yet. I did make a substitution with baby frisee. (Apparently, I should have used Arugula) I think it worked out great. I didn't actually get to taste the baked potato skins, but the guests kept raving about it. I wasn't sure if it was because they were hungry or really good. I have to admit that I am glad this was a starter on the menu as I was running behind with the fish and this bought me time. I can only imagine what chefs in restaurants across America go through to ensure that when your table orders their dinner, they all show up at the same time and still warm!

There is still the question about that Mustard fruit. My get out of jail free card was the word "optional" preceding that ingredient!

No comments:

Post a Comment